Thursday, 9 April 2015

Beyond the Sea Plant Pot by Carol Fox


I have been redecorating my kitchen and I wanted something pretty to hold a plant on the window sill. I chose a seaside theme as a friend who I had not seen for a while came to visit and as he walked into the kitchen mentioned how much it made him think of a beach hut so this set of stamps by the Artistic Outpost seemed the perfect choice for my pot.

 
 


 
 

This bucket came with an Easter egg in it at the weekend and I must admit I was more interested in the bucket than the egg.
 

I started by giving it a couple of coats of PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paint in Honeydew, I applied this with Cut and Dry Foam as I did not want any brush marks from a paintbrush. 
 

Once this was dry I stamped all the images using black Archival ink.
 

 



 

Once the ink was dry I used Fresco paints to colour the images again carefully applying the paint with small pieces of Cut and Dry Foam so it went on evenly and there were no brush marks. I finished by adding some extra detail with the paint and a brush.
 

I let this dry thoroughly and then sealed it with a coat of Satin Glaze, again applied with Cut and Dry Foam.

 

 

 

I used 


Paint Brush

 

Carol x

4 comments:

  1. OMG stunning !!

    hugs Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Carol, this is so beautiful! Please enter it in the AO monthly contest. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Carol, what fabulous stamping and painting.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...