Monday, 27 April 2015

Be the Best Version of You by Amanda Southern


 
 
 

Hi Everyone

This is my last Monday post as a guest designer for “That’s Blogging Crafty” and I have had a fabulous 2 months sharing with you my makes using some of the fabulous stamps and products available from That's Crafty. If you are a regular follower of this blog you will know that I love the stencil range designed by Matus de Meng that are produced by Stencil Girl stencils, so  I would like to end my 2 months on the team using the Stencil “Yearning Desire”. This is not goodbye for me from That’s Crafty just  au revoir. That’s Crafty have some exciting news coming soon that I am so excited to be part of, so just watch this space!!

 

Instructions:-


My background is a scrap piece of card that I have cleaned my brayer on having used acrylic paints on other projects.
 

I then stamped stamped the text stamp from Tim Holtz Classic Favourites – Classics #4 using Picket Fence Distress Paint.
 

I then placed my stencil over my background, held in place with low tack masking tape, and applied black archival ink through it with a piece of Ranger Cut & Dry Foam. The lips I masked off as to avoid contaminating with the black to then add Magenta Hue Archival ink in the same way to add a contrast.
 

I stamped the edges of the card with Kaisercraft Film Edges and added the sentiment, also a Kaisercraft stamp.
 

One last bit of stamping was the “Life in pictures” quote which is from Carabelle Studio.
 

To finish the piece I added a little more Picket Fence Distress Paint using an old credit card.
 

Matt and layered onto an 8 x 8 black card blank.

 

Ingredients:-


8 x 8 Card Blank Black
Old Credit Card

 

Hope you like it
 

Love
 

Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Amanda! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another funky piece of pop art,love the way you use stencils. Sad to see you go from here my lovely friend but I know you'll pop up in another capacity soon ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your site and artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Amanda. Love the inky background and the stencilled face looks great against it.
    Also sad to see you go.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome card!! Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the face, the background is lush! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fantastic piece of art Amanda, that stencil is gorgeous!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...