Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Altered Mint Tin by Alison Hall


 
I have a little altered mint tin with lots of texture to share with you today.
 
 
 
 

 

Here's what I used... 


Altoid Mint Tin
Ranger Distress Ink Pads - Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn, Old Paper
Beads
Super Glue

 
 

Here's what I did... 

 


1. I used Jet Black Archival ink to stamp part of the main image from the Finnabair stamp set onto a Stampbord domino ( 2.5 x 1.5 inch ). I then transferred some Distress inks onto my craft mat, and used a waterbrush to colour the image. 
 

2. I inked the Stampbord domino with Versamark, then applied 3 layers of clear ultra thick embossing crystals, melting with the heat gun each time. 
 

3. I removed the lid from my empty mint tin, and used a palette knife to apply a thick layer of Grunge Paste to the lid, creating some peaks with the knife. Then I pushed my decorated domino into the wet paste, and left it overnight to dry fully. 
 

4. Once the Grunge Paste was dry, I gave the tin base and lid 2 or 3 coats of black gesso.
 
 
 
 
 
  

5. I threaded up some blue and green beads, and used super glue to adhere them around the domino, gluing the corner beads one by one, then a few of the edge beads. 
 

6. I used a soft brush to add Patina Gilding Wax to the sides of the tin, the Grunge Paste texture, and the bead border.
 

7. I applied some Glossy Accents to two corners of the domino, and added a mix of turquoise and gold microbeads.


8. The heart embellishment is made from shrink plastic. I painted a piece with 2 coats of London Bus Fresco, waited for it to air dry, then stamped the Finnabair heart with black StazOn ink. I cut out the heart, used a heat gun to shrink it, then glued it to my tin with Glossy Accents.

 

I hope you like my little altered tin, and are inspired to make one of your own.

 

Alison x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous upcycling Alison a fabulous makeover especially all that gorgeous texture going on.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use a small stampbord piece, and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Alison,I have a couple of these tins and have still to alter them....I'm inspired to now ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little tin. I love the use of the stamp and the Shrink Plastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant transformation of a humble mint tin.
    Wonderful texture and details!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab altering Alison and amazing texture too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Such a gorgeous design and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant altered tin from Alison - I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...