Thursday, 16 April 2015

Altered Dominoes by Carol Fox



 
 


I do like to alter dominoes and I was looking through my stamps and I came across this set of small stamps by The Octopode Factory - Mini Oz and I thought how great they would fit onto Dominos. I have just used basic double six size dominoes.
 

What I did


I lightly sanded my dominoes to remove the waxy coating on them to make them easier to stamp onto. I stamped my images directly onto my dominoes using black StazOn ink, masking as needed. I dried this with my heat gun and then gave it a coat of Multi Medium to seal it.

I used alcohol inks to colour my images. I put a small spot of colour into my craft mat and picked it up with Cut and Dry Nibs, I put a spot of blending solution on my mat and I used this as you would water with distress inks to keep the colour wet on the mat to avoid using too much ink.

When they were thoroughly dry I gave them a coat of Glossy Accents to protect them.
 

 
 

I added a spring and a metal games spinner to one of them before I added the Glossy Accents, when this one was dry I poked a hole in the side and added a large brad to look like a watch winder and added a jewellery bale to the back. I added a clasp so it could be used as a key ring.
 

 
 

I added small magnets to the back of the others so they could be used as fridge magnets.
 

I used

 

Carol x

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are amazing. What a great idea! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the colour of your original dominoes.? Which side did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brechtje, my original dominoes were the cream colour that you can see in the one that is the key ring. I used the plain side without the spots to stamp onto. Carol x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...