Friday, 17 April 2015

A Life of Dreams by Fliss Goodwin


 
 
 

Hi there, I have a tag to share this week, which I created from one of the experiments in my crafty stash – I have quite a few now and I think it’s time to use them up!

 

Ingredients: 


Archival Jet Black Ink
White Gesso
Distress Inks – Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Abandoned Coral, Crushed Olive, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose
Distress Stains – Crushed Olive, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed
Soft Pencil
Paint Brush – Dina Wakley’s are good as they’re quite stiff

 

Recipe:

 
I coloured the tag by applying patches of the Distress Stains in a random manner, spreading the colour with my fingers. I then added co-ordinating dots with the Distress inks and a sequin waste style stencil.
 

This was the tag I found in my stash and the colour was too bright for my purpose so I added white Gesso over the top with a stiff paintbrush, removing some with a baby wipe until I was happy with the colour.
 

I stamped on the woman image with the black ink and stamped a second image on the white card. This is because I intended to cut the image out for dimension and stamping on the tag removed the necessity of cutting out the rather intricate design on the side. I stamped the triangular design on randomly with the coral ink.
 

I coloured the image on white card with the Distress inks using pink, blue, green, purple and orange and then cut it out, trimming close to the edge. I then added shading round the image stamped on the tag and glued the cut out image on top.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I stamped the script image on randomly with the black ink and then stamped the text I chose on white card and cut this out leaving a small border. I added a little colour with Scattered Straw Distress ink.
 
 
I finished off by dyeing some crinkle ribbon with Picked Raspberry Distress Stain and knotted it through the top. 
 
 
 
Have a great day and see you next week.
 
 
Fliss x

6 comments:

  1. Great tag Fliss, Lov the colourful background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks wonderful with her purple hair. Fab tag Fliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love those groovy colours Fliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Fab colours and I love the background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful,love the whole look of this tag....more bright colours the better as far as I'm concerned ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...