Thursday, 12 March 2015

What’s up Pussy Cat by Carol Fox


 
 

As soon as I saw this stamp set I had to have it. I have a rather large and extremely gorgeous ginger cat and if he wore a bowler hat this is exactly what he would look like.

My tag started it’s crafting life as being used as a mop up tag for some spilt Dylusions ink and then it went and sat back in the tag box for ages. When I was looking through for colour inspiration I found it and I added some Peacock Feathers Distress ink. I used one of the newer round Distress inkers, I have grown to like these a lot as I have found them easier to use, as being round you are less likely to get the edge marks that sometimes manage to sneek onto your artwork.

I used a stencil along with some black paint applied with Cut and Dry to add black numbers to my tag. I distressed the edges, and smooshed some black Distress ink around the tag.

I die cut my clock face out of a piece of packaging and coloured this with DecoArt Media Fluid. I used Cut and Dry to fist apply a layer of Quinacidone Gold and then spotted on Paynes Grey, this gave a bit of a rusty look to the clock face. I stuck this in place and trimmed off the excess. I now edged my tag with black paint.

I stamped my image and words using black Archival ink. I coloured my image with pencils and stuck it in place. My works I inked with Barn Door Distress ink, edged them with black paint and stuck them down as shown.
 

I used

DecoArt Media Paints
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Clock Die Cut 
 
 

Carol x

1 comment:

  1. a great tag , ashamed to say I have that stamp and not inked him yet! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...