Monday, 23 March 2015

Take Time To Smell The Flowers by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

Amanda here with you again today. I have been playing with my Brusho Crystals which are one of my favourite products as the effects you can create are so versatile. I have also used one of the beautiful flowers from the newly released “Flower Garden” by Tim Holtz







Here’s how I made the card:- 

 

The first thing is to stamp the 2 parts of the flower in a waterproof ink on a watercolour or mixed media card, I used a black Archival inkpad. Then mask off the flower, I use a masking gum for this.  

Once that was dry I laid the stencil 9 x12 stencil “Uplifting Words” by Stencil Girl over my card. I then applied the masking gum through the stencil by dabbing some onto Cut & Dry Foam. You could also do this with an embossing ink pad and clear embossing power. 

Once dry I lightly sprayed the whole thing with water that I keep in a mister bottle. I then added my chosen Brusho colours Turquoise & Light Brown, I love how these crystals throw out colours that you weren’t expecting. I then misted on some more water and when happy with the effect picked up some of the excess water with a piece of kitchen towel and then dried with a heat gun. 

Once all this was perfectly dry and you really need to make sure it is, so you don’t rub Brusho into the white spaces you have whilst you rub off all the masking gum. If you’ve used clear embossing powder you need to remove the embossing you do this by laying newspaper over your work and then iron the newspaper to melt and remove the embossing powder, this can take several pieces of newspaper to fully remove. 

I then coloured the flower lightly with Distress markers and a water brush. 
Finally I added my sentiment which is from the  PaperArtsy JOFY09 set. 
And a piece of string tied in a bow finished it off.

I then mat and layered onto kraft card and mounted onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

 

Supplies used:-   

Brusho’s (Turquoise & Light Brown)
Masking Gum
Distress Markers (Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw & Spiced Marmalade)
String
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Amanda

8 comments:

  1. Lovely design and techniques . Nx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amanda,this is beautiful! I'm going to try this,I'm determined to get this Brusho technique perfected! Love the flower too,stunning card but exactly what I would expect from you of course ;))
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Amanda...great idea that misty look on the right side...very creative card and the Brusho looks great
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Amanda. A great Brusho background and the flower is beautiful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is lovely Amanda! Love the resist work with the Brushos, fab written tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous background - great idea with the masked stencilling, and the colours are right up my street. The flower works beautifully against it too. Fantastic card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...