Thursday, 5 March 2015

Sir Rabbit Journal Style Card by Carol Fox




 

I have been facing a dilemma lately in my craftroom, the mountain of Gelli prints that were so much fun to make, are now starting to overtake the corner where they all live. So over the next couple of weeks I am starting to tackle the problem of Gelli Print overload and this is my first post with one, A journal style card.

To start with I stamped my image onto a stamp positioned so I could layer it over parts of the Gelli print and get an idea of where it would look best, once I was happy with the area I had chosen I used the positioner to get the image stamped in just the right spot. I stamped it again onto a scrap of cream paper.

I cut out and coloured the Rabbit image from the paper and layered this over the gelli background, sticking it in place with a quick drying glue. I very lightly drew around the image with a dark colouring pencil  to give it a bit of depth and shading.

I cut a piece of black card the same size as my card blank and layered my background onto this leaving a black border showing, I now stitched round all four sides.

My quote is from the Roald Dahl set, Hello Hello, I stamped this onto a paper scrap and cut it out, sticking it in place with glue.

I finished with some stamped paint splatters, stamping with black Archival ink before sticking the whole thing to my card blank.
 

I used

Pre-made Gelli Plate Background

 

Carol  X

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Carol, fabulous sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für eine geniale Karte, ich liebe den buntigen Hintergrund macht richtig fröhlich und die Stempeleien sind Klasse dazu.
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen sonnigen Tag,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, I'm wading through my gelli print backgrounds too!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great Carol and Mr Rabbit looks very at home on the lovely background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...