Monday, 30 March 2015

May We Be Strong Women by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

I have a painty project for you today and  I’ve had the Gelli Plate out again. If you haven’t tried it I can highly recommend it, it’s a fun and addictive way to make your backgrounds, you’ll have loads of them, I do!!! Here is just one of them.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here’s how I made it:- 

 

Firstly, as I mentioned above is to make a background with your Gelli Plate, I have used the 8” x 10” Gelli Plate. For this one I just brayed on the colours I wanted from Dina Wakleys acrylic paints (lime, turquoise, magenta & lemon).
 
I stamped some texture onto my background using Dina Wakleys “Grunge Dots”, “Textures” and “Star”.
 
I then gathered up some scraps of pieces that I had lying around that matched the colour scheme. I tore it, stitched it and punched holes into it. I then layered it up onto my gelli print background.
 
I then added more stamping again using Dina Wakley stamps “Primative Icons”.
I also added one of Tim Holtz Elementary Flash Cards and chose the word “What”.
I then flicked white Indian Ink on to add a little contrast. 
 
All I needed now was my main focus images. Again these are Dina Wakley stamps “From the Past”.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I stamped them using black Archival ink onto a lined page effect designer paper. Once stamped I just added a brush stroke of 3 of the 4 colours of paint I had used using a flat bristled paintbrush.
 
I then cut them out and added them to my project with 3D glue gel. 
 
It was then all matted onto black card and an 8 x 8 card blank.
 
 

Items Used:-

“Grunge Dots” – Dina Wakley
“Star” – Dina Wakley
Indian Ink – White
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Yumminess on a card,this is an absolute stunner and I love it ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Amanda and love all those beautiful layers and the colours too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project Amanda! I always worry that using stamps by a designer who has a strong style that I love means my work will end up looking like theirs but you've truly made these images your own :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...