Friday, 20 March 2015

Madam Butterfly by Fliss Goodwin


 
 

 

Hi there, this week I have a little piece of artwork to share with an Oriental flavour that was inspired by the Carabelle Studio image I used and I think you can tell I’m a big fan of their wonderful eclectic stamps.

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Wild Honey
Distress Stains – Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Tattered Rose, Barn Door

 

Recipe:

 
·       I made my own arch shaped template using a thick piece of card cut 8cm wide and drew the arch shape with the aid of an oval die. If you make it the height of the short side of a piece of A4 card, you can adjust the size easily as I did by adding pencil dots to the back of the gold card and moving the arch template to the size I wanted before drawing round it.
 

·       Next you need to make the inner panels, which I did with the template, then trimmed them a little so they would fit with a narrow gold border round. I then inked the panels with the Squeezed Lemonade ink, leaving the centre of the middle panel paler. I then stamped on the woman collage with the black ink.
 


 
 
 

·       I then made the colour deeper first with the Mustard Seed ink on all 3 panels and then added Worn Lipstick to the outer panels and just a little round the very edge of the main panel. I stamped the spiky image from the floral zentangle set on the outer panels with the Worn Lipstick and Barn Door inks. I stamped the central panel with the same image and Wild Honey ink.
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       I next decided to add a bit more texture and detail which I did by stamping the same floral image round the edges of all the panels with the Versamark ink and heat embossing the images with the gold embossing powder.
 
·       I stamped the main image 5 times on white stamping card, inking up just the butterfly half of the image with the black ink. I painted the butterflies with the red, green and blue Distress Stains and cut the images out.
 
·       I then painted the woman image on the central panel with the same Distress Stains. I attached all the panels to the gold card triptych and added the butterflies as shown to finish.
 
 
 
 

Don’t forget you still have a week yet to enter our Wings ‘n’ Things challenge if you haven’t yet done so!
 
See you next week.
 
 
Fliss x

4 comments:

  1. Yep this is mouth watering in all it's yumminess Fliss! Now I HAVE to get this stamp after seeing this ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...