Monday, 2 March 2015

Kiss Me by Amanda Southern

 

We are delighted to announce that the very talented Amanda Southern will be
joining us for March and April as our guest designer.

 
Hi I’m Amanda from Treasured Moments of Inspiration and I am extremely flattered to have been asked by Laura, of That’s Crafty, to guest design for the blog for a couple of months. I hope to, in that time, bring you a variety of pieces using various colouring mediums as I love playing with different products and I’m always wanting to try new products and techniques that I find and admire out there in Blogland. At the heart of everything, well nearly everything, is stamping.  I just love my rubber stamps and in my world enough of them is never enough.

So for my first piece as GDT I would like to use Carabelle Stamps, my reason for starting with these is that I found these stamps through shopping with That’s Crafty and I absolutely love them (all lol).



 
 

To start I covered a piece of bubble wrap with several colours of Distress inks then slightly misted with water. I then laid a piece of mixed media/watercolour card on top of the bubble wrap to take a print for my background.


I then stamped my images using an Archival Black ink pad which involved a lot of masking with masking gum so it ends up looking a real mess until you rub off the masking gum.
 

Onto a separate piece of paper I stamped the Kiss image again, cut it out and coloured with Spectrum Noir coloured pencils, these wonderful pencils are my go to colouring medium at the moment. I blend the pencils using Spectrum Noir paper stumps and blending solution.



 
 


I love the soft blended look that can be achieved with these pencils. 
 

I then added the coloured image on top of the stamping.
 

I finally stamped the sentiments and added the word “Me” which is a Tim Holtz Chit Chat sticker.
 

Finally I mounted it onto a piece of black card and mounted onto an 8”x8” card blank. 



Items Used:-


Carabelle Studio Stamps used are:-
Kiss – Main image
Distress Inks Various Colours
Spectrum Noir Blending Solution
Masking Gum (Pebeo)

 

Hope you like and I’ll see you all next Monday
 

Amanda

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Amanda, the images you have used are fantastic and your colouring is amazing.

    I too love Carabelle images and have promised to purchase more in 2015. I have only found them at Thats Crafty and am very happy they are getting more onto the site!

    HUGE CONGRATS on your GD spot, am happy to be seeing more of your stamping projects :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to That's Crafty! Amanda and thanks for filling in for me. Your card is brilliant and beautiful and a great showcase for Carabelle Studio (I'm a fan too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow totally awesome, really love the pop of colours, stunning. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece. Love the stamping and colouring and the background is fabulous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This creation looks amazing Amanda...great stamps and colouring! Congrats with your GD overhere!!!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,wonderful card Amanda,so much to look at. Loving the way you did the background....one to try for me I think ;)
    Congrats on your GD spot too,can't wait to see more fab creations over the next 2 months
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous Amanda and such a lovely inky background for the image too.
    Lovely to have you with us for the next couple of months too. Welcome to the team!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Amanda! Your colouring is awesome and I love the stamped layers and inky bubble print. Congratulations on your GDT spot. Keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Amanda!
    Your card is beautiful!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is exciting news Amanda they are so lucky to have you.

    Love this piece, bad girl you ... now I am going to have to look at these stamps!!!

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant bubble wrap background - will definitely be trying that! Fabulous first creation from Amanda - absolutely lovely to see you here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...