Thursday, 26 March 2015

Journal Tags by Carol Fox


 
 

I like to do pockets for tags in my journals. I do this for two reasons as it gives me somewhere to write that is hidden from view and I also like the way the tags look sticking out the top and sides of the journal.

I have a journal that is nearly complete apart from a few tags to finish for it, so today I have done three tags for it and co-ordinated them to match the page that they will stick out of.

What I did

 


 
 


I used my Gelli Plate to do my main backgrounds and started with these two masks and these five colour paints.
 

 

I used the three Media paints to give me my main colour and then used the Satin paints with the masks to give me a pattern.
 

 

I did all my stamping with black Archival ink. I stamped my main image first, masked this off before adding the rest of the images. I use these Dylusions Stamps “Write Between the Lines” a lot on my journal tags as they give a nice space to write in and go so well with most of my images. I also recently visited the shop at That’s Crafty and I found my must have set of stamps at the moment Primas “Coffe Stains”  - at only £5.99 they are a very useful set to have in your stash.

I finished my tags with a few hand drawn lines and doodles round the edges.
 

I used

 

Carol x

5 comments:

  1. Love this colour combination, Carol, (would love to see the tags on the journal page).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Carol and I too like the colour combination which is very striking.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning tags, Carol - so full of energy and movement.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...