Saturday, 28 March 2015

Easter Chick by Donna Ratcliff



 
  
 

Morning all! I thought I’d use one of the little Scribbly Birds as a little Easter chick to make a seasonal card for you all this week.
 

What I used

Tim Holtz Layering Stencils - Doily, Schoolhouse
Brown Pen
White Card, White Card Blank
 
 
 

What I did….

1. I stamped the bird in brown ink in the bottom corner of a 6” square piece of white card and painted him with Mustard Seed Distress ink… 
 
 
 
 

2. Then I stamped the bird again onto a scrap bit of paper and cut out to create a mask to cover my painted bird.
 
3. Holding the mask in place I blended various colours of Distress around the bird and also added some stencilled details using the Tim Holtz Layering stencils.
 
4. To create the wording I used the Schoolhouse Stencil and a brown pen, cut the words out in banner shapes, coloured the background to tone and glued in place.
 
5. Then I simply ran the brown inkpad around the edge of the whole piece and mounted onto a white card blank. After that I decided to add a few doodled eggs…….well you have to have eggs at Easter!!
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

 
Donna xx

8 comments:

  1. The Scribbly Birds do it again! Fantastic Easter card, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Donna, I love how you have left some white space. Very fitting for a Dina stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Easter card Donna, that cute bird is perfect for so many occasions! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Donna! Love the simplicity of it and the doodled eggs finish it off to perfection! Love the way you coloured the bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! So cute and such a cool idea to make the bird a chick! Love, love love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing Easter card I love it!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Donna. The scribbly bird makes such a lovely chick.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...