Friday, 13 March 2015

Dreamer by Fliss Goodwin




 

 

Hi there, I have an art panel to share this week, made using what must be my favourite background technique, layering stencilling and stamping for a grungy look. It’s the sort of technique that will never look the same if you repeat it, as it’s one of those go with the flow ways of creating.

 
 

Ingredients:


Carabelle Studio Stencil Masks – Bouquet De Fleurs, Jeu De Fleches
Archival Inks – Fern Green, Cobalt
Distress Inks – Weathered Wood, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey
Distress Markers – Shabby Shutters, Weathered Wood, Wild Honey
Distress Stains – Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Antiqued Bronze, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar
Grey Board or Chipboard
Scraps of Lime Green and Navy Card

 

Recipe:

 

·       First you need to decide on the size of panel and I chose to make mine 21cm square as my piece of grey board was A4 size and the main image is quite large. I cut a piece of the white card to the same size.
 

·       I applied stencilling first in the bottom right and top left corners using the floral mask. I spritzed with the Distress marker tool and the 3 colours of Distress markers until I was happy with the effect. Once I’d done that, I then spritzed on some more colour at the top right and bottom left corners. I used the blue marker with the arrow stencil at the top and bottom centre.
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       I then added stamping with the grid design and the Fern Green ink, which I stamped twice before re-inking. I stamped at random mostly on the non-stencilled areas and then did the same with the star stamp and the same ink. As you can see below, I left an area where I planned to add the main image.
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       Stamp the Helena image on to white card and paint with the Distress stains. I decided to add a sort of tattoo effect to her shoulder, which I did with the floral stencil and the green Distress marker and spritzer. I then inked with the green Distress ink. I added a little stamping to her hair with the grid stamp and Wild Honey Distress ink.

 
 
 
 
 
 
·       Stamp 3 stars on white card with the cobalt ink and cut them out. Place them on lime green card and roughly cut out a slightly larger star shape. Stick them together offsetting them a little. 
 
·       To assemble the panel, stick the background paper to the grey board. Cut out the woman image and stick onto the panel with 2 of the stars placed slightly underneath. Add the remaining star as shown, together with some stars die cut with the smallest star die from lime and navy card. Stamp the dreamer text directly on the background with the cobalt ink. 
 
 
That’s it for this week and don’t forget to check out the Challenge Blog at 8am as we have a fab new theme for you.
 
 
Fliss x
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant Fliss! Super background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's just as stunning as I thought it would be Fliss! Wonderful textures and that main image is so striking. I do love those star stamps too....next on the old wish list me thinks ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great make, with all those wonderful layers in the background - fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Background is brilliant with all those layers and really sets of off her red haor. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...