Monday, 9 March 2015

Don't Forget To Fly by Amanda Southern








Hi Amanda here again from Treasured Moments of Inspiration with this Monday’s  project which  is an ATB (Artist Trading Block) featuring the fabulous new Finnabair stamps from Prima.


Items used:-

 

Distress Inks - Cracked Pistachio & Vintage Photo with Ranger Mini Blending Tool
Distress Paint – Cracked Pistachio & Vintage Photo
Cotton Reel and Cotton Reel Feet
Rusty Wire
ATB Die – Sizzix Block/Cube 3D





Here you can see all sides together

 

 

How I made it:-

After cutting and assembling the ATB die I painted all the edges with Cracked Pistachio Distress paint and when dry added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tone down the Pistachio and age the edges.


Then onto an inkable piece of white card I randomly applied the Distress ink with the mini ink blending tool. I then spritzed the page with water and dried it with a heat gun.
I then dabbed the Distress inks onto my craft mat, spritzed with water, and then picked up the ink on my already inked piece of card. I then cut the card into squares to fit the sides of my ATB.


Using various stamps from the Finnabair new releases I stamped on the images that I wanted, masking some as I went.


To add some colour I picked out certain area’s of my stamping and added the London Bus Fresco paint, a quick blast of the heat gun but these paints are really quick drying and then I was ready to add Glossy Accents over the top of the paint. These I left to dry overnight. Before I glued them onto my prepared ATB.



To make the butterflies:-

 

I first glued a piece of A4 tissue paper to a sheet of Clearly for art using Ranger glue & seal, at this stage as it is quite delicate I use a brayer to remove any bubbles. Once completely dry I then applied distress paints Vintage Photo & Cracked Pistachio to my craft mat, a little spray of water and then dragged the sheet through it several times to create a marbled effect of colours.







I then stamped some of the butterflies from the Finnabair stamp sets onto it. Again I picked out some details with the London Bus paint. When this was dry I cut out the ones that I wanted.


I then applied heat to each one which softens the Clearly for Art and allows you to mould it into the shapes you want, I moulded them around a paintbrush to give the butterfies some movement.







They were all attached to the lengths of twisted rusty wire with a hot glue gun and then glued into the cotton reel.

Hope you liked it and I will see you all next Monday



Love


Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. WOW,what can anyone say but that?! You have taken these gorgeous stamps and created a work of art with them Amanda,absolutely stunning make!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, what a great idea and i love the butterflys x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My jaw literally dropped when I saw this Amanda. Totally amazing!!!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty spectacular, isn't it. I love the red (glossy) accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning creation from Amanda!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing creation Amanda, I love it!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...