Tuesday, 10 March 2015

All of a Flutter by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here today and I’m using PaperArtsy Greyboard and a rather fab sparkly butterfly!
 
 

 
 
 
 
A close up for you of the wonderful effect Frantage gives you
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This is what I did: 

 

 

I took a piece of greyboard of the size I wanted, using the papered side. Then I chose a mixture of Fresco paints and Crafter Workshop stencils and some Grunge Paste.
 
 
I spread the Grunge Paste through the leaf stencil, dried with the heat gun and then applied my choice of paint colours randomly.
 
 
I wasn’t at this stage particularly happy with it, so I used a sanding block to sand the Grunge Paste down and to knock the colour back a bit.
 
 
When I was happy with that, I took a numbers stencil and applied that using black paint. All okay but NOT grungy enough! So I grabbed a Dylusions spray and my beloved DecoArt Paint spray and randomly sprayed…..much better!
 
 
The butterfly was stamped with Versamark, covered in Frantage and then heated with the heat gun. I made 3 holes in it with the Crop-A-Dile and inserted the eyelets, filling them with Stickles. The butterfly was then mounted on foam pads and I bent some rusty wires for feelers.
 
 
The wording is from a Dina Wakley set and was just stamped, cut out and edged with a black micron pen.
 
 
There you have it. I love the way the soft, sparkly butterfly contrasts with the grungy background ;)
  
 

Supplies Used: 

 

PaperArtsy Sanding Blocks
 
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

9 comments:

  1. Had to zoom in to see the wonderful colours and textures Donna, they look amazing, warm and comforting just as the caterpillar is about to launch off it's perch. Exquisite page... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast of the dark background and textured butterfly. Great work. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning background! Then love the simplicity of the butterfly, fantastic!!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool piece of art, Donna. Your reworked background looks amazing, really sets of the frantaged butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Donna, this is spectacular! Love that Frantage butterfly, what an amazing contrast against the rich background! Amazing! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A special GORGEOUS project Donna! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Donna. Your lovely background is a perfect foil for your sparkly butterfly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sparkly butterfly, and she looks magnificent against the rich depth of colour in the background - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! The background is to die for! Amazing! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...