Saturday, 7 March 2015

A Fishy Tale by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
 
Morning all! My very first play with Brusho’s (yes I know a bit late to the party!); I really love using AquaTints and I’ve been wondering how Brusho and AquaTints would mix, so I figured it was about time to stop wondering and have a play. This is just my first experiment but won’t be the last!
 

What I used

Sheena Douglass Stamps – Koi and Waterlillies, Lanterns
White Card, White Card Blank
Pebeo Drawing Gum 
 
 

What I did….

 

1. First of all I took a piece of card and stamped the fish in black, then painted over it with a bit of drawing gum.
 
2. Then I dropped some spots of AquaTint onto my glass mat, spritzed with a little water and then picked up the colour with my card. I gave it a quick blast with my heat gun to get rid of some of the wetness and then I sprinkled on some Brusho Crystal Colour in Ultramarine and Turquoise. Once everything was dry I rubbed off the drawing gum with my finger.
 
3. To colour the fish, I simply painted him with a damp paintbrush and sprinkled on some orange Brusho Crystal Colour.
 
 
 
 
 
 

4. Once Mr Koi was dry I added the stamped leaves and sentiment and then finally simply ran a black inkpad around the edges and mounted onto a white card blank.
 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of colour ; lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They work so well together, that's good to know. A really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful Donna! Stunning colours and effects, I still haven't tried the Aqua Tints! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card,these aquatints sure look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab use of Brushos Donna and the fish looks right at home in the watery scene.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...