Saturday, 14 February 2015

Simply Stencilled by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 
 

Morning all! I’ve been playing with stencils this week and the lovely new Cracked Pistachio Distress ink…

 

What I used

Dina Wakley Stencils – Stencilled Women
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils –
Schoolhouse

Kaisercraft Clear Stamps – Script, Graffiti, Smile
Carabelle Studios Stamp –
Texture Etoiles

Distress Inks – Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot

Black Archival
Masking Fluid (optional available from art shops)
 
 

What I did….

1. I started off by picking up some colour on a piece of white card, a mixture of Peacock Feathers and the new Cracked Pistachio Distress ink. Prior to picking up the colour I’d splashed and drawn some lines of masking fluid on the card.
 
 
 
 
 

2. Once that was dry I used a mixture of the Tim Holtz layering stencil ‘Schoolhouse’, the Kaisercraft ‘Script’ stamp and Carabelle Studios ‘Texture Etoile’ stamp to add another layer.
 

 
 
 

3. Then I added the woman using Black Soot Distress and the Stencilled Women stencil by Dina Wakley.
 
4. To darken the edges I added some shading with Black Soot and a bit of extra stamping with the Kaisercraft ‘Graffiti’ stamp. Then to finish off I stamped the wording and mounted on a white card blank. 
 
 
 

 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Donna! Love the stencilled letters behind the face and pistachio is definitely on my list! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card,Donna. Love the new colour,a must have ;)
    Big hugs
    The other Donna!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Donna. The layers of stencilling look fabulous.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...