Monday, 23 February 2015

Sacred HeART by Deborah



 

 

Dina Wakley Media Cling Mount Stamps: From the Past; Primitive Icons
Speedball Brayer
Distress Ink: Festive Berries; Evergreen Bough
Watercolour Pencils (have you seen the lush new ones from Prima!)
Black Card (for the card blank)

 

For this card I started with a mono print I'd pulled using my 6 x 6 gelli plate and the Sacred Heart stencil. I had previously stamped a sentiment - wonkily! - onto the heart. I kept it though because I really liked the effect I'd got. So I cut out the middle of the heart and looked for something else to fill it.
 

I chose the stamped the woman in Festive Berries on to a piece from my paper scrap box (Dylusions sprayed through a stencil). Once I had fixed the image behind the opening with double sided tape, I added colour with various water colour pencils, smudging with my finger where appropriate.
 

I also used the watercolour pencils to enhance the gelli print, stamping the Primitive Icon circle in Evergreen Bough. 'Love' and 'Art' were stamped in Festive Berries on the remaining piece of the sprayed/stencilled paper and glued in place.
 

To finish I simply mounted my artwork onto black card, leaving a thin frame for definition.
 
 
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,Deborah,loving the wonderful colours used.
    Yes I have been looking at those pencils....they do look very yummy ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous Debs. Love the grungy effect and the lady from the past looks great set in the heart.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative use of that woman. Only you would have the imagination to place her in the centre of the heart stencil.
    Colours are amazing and the background, well I am in awe!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, & clever use of the stamp and stencil Deb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture like a painting, which it is of course. I like the way you have placed and painted the lady in the spiky heart and the words.
    Distress Inks have such wonderful names. I must check out these Prima pencils, like I need more pencils, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture like a painting, which it is of course. I like the way you have placed and painted the lady in the spiky heart and the words.
    Distress Inks have such wonderful names. I must check out these Prima pencils, like I need more pencils, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Deb, I like all the different elements and how you've tied them all together x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...