Monday, 2 February 2015

Nesting Journal Page by Deborah



 

 


 

Into February... and I'm continuing with my bird theme. This time I've made a page in my small journal. I know it's a bit early for nest building (apart from owls, apparently) but think of it as artistic licence - or wishing Spring would hurry up!
 

I used my brayer to cover the blank pages with the PaperArtsy paints, drying between each colour. Then I stencilled the stardust in Jet Black Archival ink, using the mini blending tool (so much easier to use than the rectangular one!) I used the Fude Ball Pen to outline the larger stars.
 

I die cut various feathers from copy paper I'd previously cleaned my brayer onto, then edged them with a black Sharpie. I traced two of the Song Birds onto the back of some blue brayered paper and cut them out (minus the feet), also edging with black.
 

Once I had glued them in place, I added feet to one bird (with the Fude Ball because it has a finer tip than the Sharpie) and made some of the feather shapes into a nest. Finally, I used one of my favourite go-to stamp sets - Ali Edwards Incredible - for the sentiment and arrows.
 
 
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous page! Gorgeous colours and brilliant design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page, love those bright colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and zingy bright colours Debs and a real treat in this exceedingly chilly weather.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'd like spring to get a move on too... there was almost a moment in the sunshine this morning, but no - gone again!

    Love the vivid colours here, and the simple joy of the primitive shapes. Fab feathers!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...