Thursday, 5 February 2015

Friend Journal Page by Carol Fox



 

I have a journal page today and this is what I did.

I started  by pulling a basic background directly onto my page using my Gelli Plate. I have found this is a great starting point for a page and a quick way to get the first layer of colour down. I tend to mix 3 colours directly on the Gelli Plate for this as it gives a nice random look, I added in a stencil layer and then a layer with stamps, for this I used a hand cut stamp that I made using with Speedyball set in a previous post last year, a link for this can be found here.

Once this was all down on the page I added in some pink paint by dry brushing, blending this with some white to give it a smudged appearance. I then used the big spotty stamp from the Dina Wakley set, stamping this in black Archival ink randomly over the page.

I stamped the large arrow with black paint, filling in any patchy areas with black paint and a brush until I was happy with it.

I stamped my image and quotes onto cream card, cut these out and layered them onto my page, colouring them with watered down paint so they were very pale.

I filled in the gaps with stamped stars and again coloured them with thinned paint so the original page colours still showed through a little bit.

I finished by edging the page with black paint and adding hand drawn lines to the quotes and arrow.
 

I used

Artistic Outpost Rubber Stamps: Chalkboard Wisdom and Boardwalk
Dylusions Stamp Set: Which Way Up
Hand Cut Stamp Speedyball Stamp
Stencils
White Sharpie Pen
 

Carol x

1 comment:

  1. Fab pages Carol with a great background.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...