Saturday, 21 February 2015

Flutterby Alpha by Donna Ratcliff




 
 


Morning all! I’ve got a simple little stamped and stencilled card for you today…

What I used

What I did….


1. First of all I took a piece of card and stamped the butterfly in black; then I stamped it again on a scrap bit of paper, cut it out and used it as a mask whilst I stamped the alpha letters.

2 .Then I painted it with some watered down Distress inks, also added a few inky splatters as well by flicking on some colour with my paintbrush.
 

 
 

3. Then with a fine black pen I added a few doodled lines down the side of the alpha banner, and then I also wrote the quote down either side. Then with some Black Soot Distress ink I added a bit of stencilled interest with the ‘Shatter’ stencil.
 

 
 

4. Finally I simply ran a black inkpad around the edges and mounted onto a white card blank.
 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

 
Donna xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna,that butterfly is a stunner! Perfect colours too,wonderful make ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card, Donna. I love the handwriting (I could never use my awful scrawl) and how you've stamped the Kaisercraft alphabet as a vertical strip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, Donna. I've that Kaisercraft alpha stamp, but never used it so innovatively, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Donna, very classy CAS look and love your handwriting detail.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...