Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Find Your Own Wings by Donna Gray


Hello everyone,

Donna here today and I’m using one of the new Dina Wakley stamps. Oh how I jumped for joy when I saw this set, its fab!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did:

 

I used a PaperArtsy greyboard for this (paper side up). Next I covered it in a coat of gesso in order for me to apply various Gelatos and then spritz with water to blend them in.
 
 
At this point, I did actually use some Faber Castell Bead and Glitter Gel through a stencil but I made a bad mistake…..I used the heat gun on it……don’t do that! It dries all opaque and horrid, so I had to scrape it all off, although it does leave a nice sparkle in the background now!
 
 
Next, a spritz of the wonderful DecoArt Media mister in an appropriate funky colour and some more Dina Wakley stamps for the background. The little splodge type one is a Kaisercraft one.
 
 
To finish, I stamped the new Dina stamp on a piece of thick card, covered with Glossy Accents, allowed to dry overnight and then placed it in the freezer for a few minutes, then ‘cracked’ it. I then decided to add the wings from the Carabelle angel set as I thought she needed some wings….well don’t we all…. and I then used another Dina stamp for the sentiment.
  
 

SUPPLIES USED: 

 

 
 
Hope you like it

 

Donna x

14 comments:

  1. STUNNING Donna, love the stamp, might have to investigate, adding wings is perfect as are the splats and drips. Am in love... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really bold and graphic, Donna - and drippy (in the best possible way LOL). I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece Donna! That background is amazing, I just love all the drippage! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I love this stamp with the addition of the wings (feel another purchase coming on!) set on a fabulous background. Love it, love it, love it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is AWESOME!!! Stunning work again, my dear arty friend! Love the silhouette! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunningly gorgeous tag, you've used that new stamp to perfection....now on my list! Fabulous Donna!! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST WONDERFUl Donna! Wow-Wow-Wow- and another WwOoWw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Donna! Fabulously grungy background and can see why you love that image as she's beautiful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow another showstopper Donna, what a great project.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous creation Donna - amazing background and use of the stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely 100% LOVE this!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...