Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Face It by Donna Gray


Hello everyone,

Today I’m going to be showing you how fab this face mould is from Sculpey. I love to make my own embellishments where possible as you save money plus you get exactly what you want for whatever creation you are making.

For this I’ve just used air-drying clay but you can use Sculpey/Fimo or anything else that will hold its shape. Aren’t they all lovely?!
 


 
 
 

Once you’ve done that and let your chosen material dry, its time to decorate them. This is of course entirely up to you…the possibilities are endless. I’ve used a mixture of Fresco and Distress Paints on my ones’ here.

 
 
 
 

All ready to go and be turned into something fab! I chose a wooden door hanger which I then painted with a mixture of DecoArt paints, I used some DecoArt Sand Texture Paste through a Crafters Workshop Stencil and some PaperArtsy Treasure Gold just to highlight the raised areas.

 
 
 
 

I thought I’d turn one of the faces into a smiley flower so die cut some card using a couple of Sizzix dies’. I used Luminarte Silks to colour them and a Dina Wakley stamp to add some text on the flower.
 
 
 
 
 

I used a little banner and text stamp I have to add a finishing touch. Also some Stickles, I love these!  
 
Here’s the finished door hanger, such a fun make ;)
 
 
 

 
 

Supplies used:

Sizzix Dies
Luminarte Silks
  
Hope you like it
 
Donna x

12 comments:

  1. Love your door hanger Donna but find these faces a tad creepy, have always been like that for some reason.

    Great idea to use the face as a flower centre, the colours are brill:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design Donna, love the way you have coloured the face! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those faces too, Donna. I love how you've changed yours into Little Weed (or are you too young to remember Bill and Ben?). A delightful, cheery door hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea! Love this, Donna!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!! Love your flower
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Donna! Reminds me of a singing plant that I had when I was a kid, it was a smiling face in the center of a flower and when you turned it on, it wiggled and sang. Fun!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your door hanger is adorable, Donna! I like the idea of "air-drying" clay--didn't know it was even available so have stayed away from clay. A cute little face and greeting to start one's day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is simple GORGEOUS!
    What a lovely idea ... I am in love with this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bright and beautiful creation Donna which really made me smile as I thought of Little Weed from Bill and Ben too!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea Donna for all these little faces. Beautifully made mixed media with style.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic door hanger - I love the flower face - and the bold colours are so much fun.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...