Friday, 20 February 2015

Contemplation By Fliss Goodwin


 

 

Hi there, this week I have a creation made with my latest acquisition, as I couldn’t resist these new Lynne Perrella stamps as soon as I saw them. The stained glass look combined with the medieval ladies is so beautiful and I know I’m going to get loads of inspiration from them. I chose the rather thoughtful looking lady for my card.

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry
Distress Stains – Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Iced Spruce, Peacock Feathers
Gelli Plate
Watercolour Pencils – Skin Colour (Prima has some fab new ones in skin and hair tones)
Gold Card
Red Paper Flower
Scrap of Manuscript Paper 
 
 
 

Recipe: 


·       First make the background paper. I applied patches of Distress Stain to the Gelli Plate, building the colour up in layers. I used the orange and red shades together, the turquoise and spruce together and finally the yellow and olive.
 
 
 
 
 

 

·       As you can see, it gives a rather effective splat effect. I then used the diamond stamp with the Distress inks, applying the pattern without using an acrylic block for a shabby look.
 
 
 
 
 

 

·       I added a little more ink around the edges to make them stand out more and then glued the paper to a black, then gold card mat.
 
·       I stamped my chosen main image on smooth stamping card with the black pigment ink (I used VersaFine) and then heat embossed it with clear powder. I painted the skin portion with watercolour pencils and the remainder of the panel with the Twinkling H20 paints. Combined with the embossing it gives a lovely sheen to the stamping.
 
·       I tore a small scrap of manuscript paper which I coloured with the Mustard Seed Distress Stain and added this to the background panel before gluing to my card blank.
 
·       I cut the image panel out and added this to a gold then black card mat and glued this to the background. The finishing touch was a red paper flower.
 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
 
Fliss x

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card Fliss! The bright colours go so well with the Lynne Perrella images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes this is a stunner Fliss,the colours are so beautiful like an illuminated medieval manuscript ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really stunning colours, Fliss - and beautiful use of that fabulous LP stamps - this is wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...