Thursday, 12 February 2015

Brushos Tag by Carol Fox


 
 

I have used the latest stamps from Dina Wakley today along with Brushos on a canvas tag today, this is what I did. 
 

I sprinkled the dry Brushos onto my canvas tag, trying to keep the colours separate, I then spritzed them with water to really saturate the tag, I then stood it up so the colours ran down the tag mixing as they went. I then sprinkled some dry ultra marine powder onto the tag where I wanted the colour to be and spritzed this to make the colour bleed on the canvas tag. I then heat dried the whole thing so it was completely dry.

I stamped my image and quote onto vellum and cut them out. I have never liked the way you can see the glue when you attach vellum so I decided to stitch them onto the tag, I used my sewing machine but hand stitching would work just as well and I went for a messy random look as opposed to super tidy sewing.

Once I had sewn on my image I added some of the round barbed wire image from the Stampendous Stamp Set “Wired”. I stamped this using black paint to keep the colour nice and dense on the canvas as sometimes ink can be too faint when stamped onto canvas, I also edged my tag with the same black paint.

I added three lines of messy stitching up the side of the tag next to the image and finished by stitching the quote to the tag as shown.

I used

Dina Wakley Silhouetted Women and Scribbly Women Rubber Stamps 
Stampendous Stamp Set Wired 
Brushos 
Black Acrylic Paint 
Tag 
Sticky Back Canvas to cover your tag with
Artist Vellum 
Black Archival Ink Pad (the ranger one works well on velum, just make you heat set it before touching)
 
Carol x

2 comments:

  1. Stunning canvas tag Carol,the new Dina stamps are certainly a must have. Love the stitching too,perfect touch ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tag Carol and love that stitching detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...