Saturday, 7 February 2015

A Little Birdy Told Me by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
Morning all! I’ve been having a play with the original Scribbly Birds by Dina Wakely this week…

What I used

Dina Wakley – Scribbly Birds Tim Holtz Layering Stencils – Schoolhouse, Shatter
Distress Inks – Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Black Soot
Black Archival

 

What I did….

1. I started out by stamping three of the birds onto a bit of paper that I had used to clean my brayer during a gelli print making session…
 
 
 

2. Then I took a piece of white card and added some colour to it dragging it through some spritzed Distress ink that I put on my craft mat.
 
3. Then I added some extra interest using the ‘Schoolhouse’ and ‘Shatter’ Layering Stencils.
 
4. Next I stamped one of the birds at the bottom of the piece of card and then stuck the body of one of the birds that I had stamped and cut out earlier….
 
 
 

5. Then I stamped another of the birds, positioning so its feet stood on the one beneath and again added the cut out body of one of the previously stamped birds….
 
 
 

6. I repeated the process with the third bird and then added some shading around all three with some black pencil. To finish off I added some stamped wording and a bit of dark shading around some of the outside edges.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the vibrant background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Donna! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love these stamps xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...