Tuesday, 6 January 2015

What Do You See? by Mandy C







This week, I’ve used one of my background from last week’s project and have made a page in my 4 x 4 inch chipboard book. Of course, this is just to give you some inspiration, a 4 x 4 project can be turned into many things… a mini book, a hanging piece with added ribbon or wire, a card topper.

I’ve used this wonderfully thoughtful lady stamp from Stampers Anonymous.

Firstly, I chose which piece of the background I wanted to use and cut out a 4 x 4 inch piece of the background, depending on what you are using the background for, attach to the chipboard (in my case). I stamped the pensive lady onto a piece of old paper using black Archival ink and cut her out.

I added a number 2 using the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and Adirondack ‘Cool Peri, blast with a heat tool to dry.

Fix the lady image onto the 4 x 4 using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.






Colour her with watercolour pencils and an aqua brush.

Use the watercolours to add some shading.







Add some copper Pan Pastel around the edge of the background. 


Mandy C

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the 4 x 4 format and this little page looks stunning! Great use of the pensive lady and a fab background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool page! I too love the small 4x4 format. You've inspired me....now to get my craft room unpacked so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Mandy and such a fabulous effect on your background.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...