Monday, 19 January 2015

Take A Risk Tag by Deborah





 

Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black; Red Geranium

 

I've been drooling over the new Dina Wakely stamps shown at CHA this month, but while I wait their arrival in the UK, I'm happy to revisit her wonderful All the Gals set. My method with this tag was to keep layering and scribbling until I got the result I wanted.
 

I first scraped the Tangerine and London Bus randomly with an old store card, then filled in with Mowed Lawn, drying between colours. Then I sponged London Bus and Night through the dot and leaf stencils.
 

Once the paint was dry, I stamped Graffiti in Geranium Red roughly where her body would be, then stamped the 'Gal' in Jet Black ( I added the second figure at the end when I wanted to fill some space). I used the Fude Ball pen to draw in a body and scribble round the head  and the stencilling. I then added some white with the Sharpie. For extra shading, colouring the hair and edging the tag I used water colours, blended with my finger (no water).
 
I used a Dina Wakley script stamp in a couple of places (substitute the script from her Textures stamp set), then decided I needed some more white in the background so I scribbled with the sharpie. Finally, I stamped and cut out the Dylusions quote and threaded some black cord through the hole.



Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag ! I am in love with the colors... artsy style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant bold contrasting colours, and I love the energy of the graffiti scribbles. Love this tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab tag Debs and just love that painty background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning energy to this tag .... love it.,
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love your tag Deb, all the layers and colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...