Friday, 23 January 2015

Seeing Stars by Fliss Goodwin



 
 

Hi there, this week I’m sharing the card I made for my daughter’s birthday a few days ago. I wanted something a little different and decided to ink up my new Carabelle Studio stamps, which are definitely my favourite brand at the moment. The card is actually really simple to make too.

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar
Copier Paper
Square White Card Blank or make your own

 

Recipe: 


·       Cut a piece of stamping card to roughly fit your card blank – I made mine slightly larger in order to trim it to size when the panel was complete. Stamp the Helena image on the right side with the black ink and stamp a further image on copier paper then cut this one out.
 

·       Mask off the image with the copier paper duplicate and then stamp the dots background image in a ray design round the main image using the yellow ink. Leave gaps in between and be sure to stamp off the edges of the card. Stamp stars in between the rays, using the bright pink and orange inks alternately.
 

·       Remove the mask and colour the image with the pencils. I then added Spun Sugar Distress ink over the top of the hair to blend the colours together. Trim the edges to leave a margin when you add the panel to the card blank.
 
 
 

 

·       Ink the edges of the card blank with an ink applicator and the bright pink ink. When this has dried, stick on the main panel to finish the card.

 


See you again next week.

 

Fliss x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, Fliss. I really like how you've created the rays and they look great with the lovely Helena stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card, I bet your daughter loved it! Great design Fliss! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...