Monday, 26 January 2015

Scrappy Birds by Deborah




  

Black Fude Ball Pen
Promarkers: Turquoise, Sunflower, Azure
Double Sided Tape
From my stash - yellow card

 

These two cards came from a play session the morning I received the Bird and Feathers stamps and was inspired by the scrappy, scraggly bird who looked like he'd lost a few feathers.

 

Blue Bird:


To stamp the blue bird on one card I first flooded my Distress ink pad with the re-inker and, rather than wait for it to sink in, I stamped straight away onto the watercolour card (smooth side).
 

Once dry, I used the same pad to stamp the small feathers around the blue bird. Some were second or third stampings, so I added some contrasting colour with Sunflower Promarker.
 

I drew sketchily around the bird, feathers and card edge with the Fude Ball pen, then ran the Turquoise marker around the edge, stamped the sentiment and mounted the piece onto some neon yellow card from my stash.

 

Red Bird:


I stamped the splatters with the very wet Broken China pad onto a separate piece of watercolour card, then stamped the bird and feathers in Red Geranium on top. I cut the card to a square then stamped the sentiment on the off-cut. To finish I used the double sided tape to stick everything together.
 


Deborah
 

5 comments:

  1. Two fabulous variations on the Feather Bird - how clever the Re-Inker stamping is, and I love the added feathers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous Deb, gorgeous colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quirky little bird and your designs are perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your quirky birds Debs and they both look so different too even though the style is similar.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely pair of cards Deb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...