Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Love Heart by Alison Hall






Like Lynne, I am turning my thoughts to Valentine's Day, now that Christmas is over. I've had some Creative Paperclay for a while now, and thought I would take the plunge and give it a try.


Ingredients


Heart Button
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Beach Hut and Autumn Fire
Pencil
Word cut from a book page


Instructions


1. I rolled out my clay to about 2 mm thick, on a piece of wax paper, then inked the small square script and pen nib image from LPC 030 with Versamark Embossing Ink. I stamped into the clay three times, and also used a heart button to stamp into the clay.


2. I used a pencil to add some dots around the edges of the script image, before cutting them out with a straight clay cutter, one slightly larger than the other two. I used scissors to cut out the clay heart, then left the pieces to air dry for about 24 hours.






3. I painted the clay heart with Autumn Fire Fresco Paint, and the square, script stamped pieces with Beach Hut. When the paint was dry, I brushed some watered down Autumn Fire over the square pieces, to highlight the stamped detail.


4. I used Glossy Accents to glue the clay pieces in place on a 6x4 inch kraft card, then added the cut out word to the heart, covering it with a layer of Glossy Accents to seal it. 



I hope this inspires you to give the Paperclay a try too.



Alison x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Alison. Loving that paper clay texture, you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange and blue makes a lovely change from red or pink for a valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely inspired to play with my PaperClay now... a great triptych card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful texture and the Glossy Accents added to the clay heart really does elevate it.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally made it here Alison! Great make and fabulous use of the clay too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet clay pieces to make this creation really special Alison.
    Working on Valentine's NOW is very wise!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...