Monday, 5 January 2015

Escape to the Country by Deborah







Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Festive Berries, Crushed Olive, Pumice Stone
Double Sided Tape
Card Blank



The main image is one of the six 4" x 4" images from StencilGirl's large Houses stencil. I simple cut a piece of Smoothy card to 4 x 4 inches and used masking tape to place the stencil in position. Using the  blending foam - on and off the handle - I coloured in with various Distress inks.  I only have the original blending tool -  the newer mini round one would be much easier to use - so I used the foam off the handle probably more than on.


I used the Crushed Olive and Spiced Marmalade for the leaf background (it's actually coral)on the card blank. Then, because I needed some definition between the two, I cut another piece of Smoothy card to 4.5" x 4.5" and coloured round the edge with Festive Berries to tie in with the roof.



I've left off any kind of sentiment but it would make a great card for someone moving to the country.


Deborah

4 comments:

  1. Bright and beautiful, a perfect new home card Deb! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. eIt's lovely Deb. Wish I was escaping to the country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Debs. Such a clever card too and so effective.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...