Friday, 9 January 2015

Chirpy, Chirpy Cheep, Cheep Tag by Fliss Goodwin



 

 

Hi there, apologies for the title of my post but I couldn’t resist and I hope it doesn’t bring back memories of a certain very cheesy pop song from rather a while ago! This week I have a tag to share, which makes use of some of the leftovers from my Anything Blue challenge project - there’s still time to enter if you haven’t yet done so.

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Shaded Lilac, Chipped Sapphire
Brusho Crystals – Cobalt, White
White Stamping Card
Vintage Music Score
Large Tag or make your own as I did
Leaf Sprig Trim or Leaf Sprig Die

 

Recipe:

 

·       When I made the papers for my challenge project, I worked with strips of stamping card and those here are trimmed to 2cm wide as my tag is 10cm wide and I wanted 5 different blocks of colour at each end. The dotty strips were made with the blue inks and each one was stencilled with dots using the darker blue shade. I trimmed the pieces to approximately 4.5cm in length, making 2 of each shade.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       Next I made the other coloured strips using the pink, yellow and green Distress inks which I applied to the small Gelli plate and misted with water before pressing on pieces of stamping card cut to size to pick up the colour.
 

·       When these dried, I cut blocks the same size as the blue ones and then added some curved pencil scribble lines to give an illusion of dimension. I added a little colour in a deeper shade than the ink to add to the effect.
 
 
 
 
 
 
·       I cut a piece of vintage music score (my Mikado score is still going strong) to fit across the tag and to within a couple of centimetres of the top and glued it on. I then inked it with the Wild Honey Distress ink. I glued the coloured blocks in place at the top and bottom of the tag.
 

·       The little bird on the tag is the second leftover from my blue challenge project and was stamped on paper coloured by misting the Gelli plate with water and adding the blue and white Brusho Crystals, misting with more water to spread the colour and then pressing on card to pick up the colour.
 
 
 
 
 

·       I cut the bird out and coloured the beak and part of the wings with pencils. I added him to the tag with foam pads for dimension. I then glued on ribbon and trim as you see. I stamped the tweet text on white card with the black ink and then scribbled a roughly circular border round and cut them out by hand. I added them to the tag with foam tape and finished off with a ribbon tied at the top.
 
 
 
 
 
 

See you again next week.
 
Fliss x
 

 

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. We've got a cassette tape somewhere of me and my brother singing that song! Lol!
    Gorgeous art!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it's in my head now! Rhank you, Fliss! :-) Great tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet (or should that be tweet!) tag and brilliant use of leftovers from other projects.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...