Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Vintage Christmas by Alison Hall


 

 

Hello everyone. I have a vintage style Christmas card to share with you today. 

 

Ingredients... 


Brusho Crystal Colour - Aquamarine & Dark Brown
Gold Mirror Card
6 x 6 ins Square Cream Card Blank
Book Paper

 

Instructions...

 

1. I began by inking a square piece of white card (5 x 5 ins) with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then I used the same ink to stamp a background with the cherub image. I used the bottom curly ribbon edge of the long image and Onyx Black Versafine, to stamp a border around the edges.
 

2. I gave my book page a thin coat of white gesso, dried it, then stamped the lady with black ink. Then I stamped her again, but just the portion with the floral rosette. I also stamped the word 'BELIEVE' from the long image. I cut out the lady, the rosette, and the word, used my finger to apply Glue 'N Seal to the backs, and added them to the background.
 

3. I mixed a couple of grains of Aquamarine Brusho Crystals with water, then painted the rosettes and words. I did the same with the Dark Brown Crystals, and painted the lady's hair, hat and coat.
 

4. I added gold brads to the rosettes, and gold Stickles to the rays around the lady, then matted my artwork onto gold mirror card, then onto the cream card.

 

So, there's another fairly flat Christmas card, that won't cost too much to post!

 

Alison xxx

5 comments:

  1. What a great background! and I like that it's not traditionally Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background and the LP stamp - yay for non traditional colours for Christmas!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous card Alison. Such a fabulous background for the image and very classy.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...