Thursday, 11 December 2014

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Card by Carol Fox



 

 

I only chose the title as I have seem to have found sparkly stuff everywhere since making this card. I did experience some technical difficulties with it as I discovered a round card is very hard to photograph as it has a mind of its own and tends to roll around if not on a entirely flat surface. But I enjoyed making it and I think I will make some more of the same style. 
 

I used a large snowflake as the base for my card, but any circle shape will do, you could just use a plain circle and either punch or cut snowflake shapes out of it for the same effect. I painted this with silver acrylic paint. 


I stuck my circle onto a square card blank butting it up right to the fold in the card, I then cut round this to give me a round standing card.
 

I die cut some snowflakes using the Xcut die cut snowflake set and the scrap card left over from the card blank. I painted these silver and stuck them to my circular card.
 

I now laid the whole thing onto a piece of scrap paper and sprayed it really well with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold spray, I let this dry thoroughly, you can gently dry it with a heat gun but it might make it curl a little and you will need to flatten it out afterwards.
 

I stamped my girl onto a card scrap and coloured her with Distress markers, scribbling the colour onto my craft mat and picking it up with a water colour pen to keep the colours muted, I coloured the Christmas quote in the same way.
 

I stuck them both in place using Cosmic Shimmer as it’s a quick drying glue.
 

I now added spots of Glossy Accents and covered the card in Frantage Shaved ice, tapping off the excess and leaving it to dry.

 

I used 


Card blank and card for your circle, stamping and die cutting
 
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...