Wednesday, 17 December 2014

The Love Elf by Alison Hall


 
 

 

I have an altered CD to share with you today Crafters. I know it's only a week until Christmas, but I thought you'd appreciate something unChristmassy. It has got some sparkle and shine though!

 

Ingredients... 


Blank CD
DecoArt Media Misters - Primary Cyan, Primary Magenta
Versafine Pigment Ink - Onyx Black 
Small Round Paintbrush
Stabilo Aquarellable Pencil - Black
Ball Chain

 
 

Instructions...

 

1. I started by using the Cut 'n Dry Foam to sponge white gesso onto the CD. Then I sprayed it with the Primary Cyan mister. I used the same piece of Cut 'n Dry Foam to blend the paint spray a little, dried it with the heat gun, then added some splatters of the Primary Magenta. You get splatters if you don't press the nozzle down fully. 

 
2. I stamped the Elfe onto the CD, then again onto white card. I clear embossed the Elfe on the white card, then sprayed the paint misters onto my craft sheet, & used the paintbrush and some water to colour her in. I cut her out, and glued her onto the CD with Glossy Accents.
 

3. I stamped and clear embossed the phrase, cut it out, painted the edges with Primary Cyan, then adhered to the CD, covering the hole in the centre. I used the Aquarellable pencil to add shading around the Elfe and words, blending with the paper stump. I stamped a few stars from the bird image around the edges of the CD.
 

4. I sprinkled some Aged Silver Embossing Enamel (Elfe dust!) onto the CD, & melted it with the heat gun.
 

5. To finish, I punched holes in the top with a Crop-A-Dile, and added some ball chain.

 

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas,

 

Alison x

5 comments:

  1. this is so stunning! i love the rich color and all the sparkle! the things you can do with a CD... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely hanging. It would still not look out of place on a Christmas tree as an alternative fairy. That blue is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Alison. Such fabulous colours and sparkle and a great way to showcase the lovely elf.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    There is something of the minx about that fairy!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous make!!... And I see with a bit of surprise and pleasure you used from the shop these French Carabelle studio stamps, this set is so lovely! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...