Thursday, 4 December 2014

Retro Santa by Carol Fox


 
 
 

I am getting in the Christmas spirit this week and I have a tag using the Retro Santa image from the Tim Holtz Christmas Time plate. I love this image as I image him dashing across the sky on Rudolph, having a bit of fun chasing the stars.

 

What I did

 

Using a snowflake stencil and Festive berries Distress ink I added random snowflakes to my background, I then stamped the black fir trees from the Reindeer flight set in black Archival ink. I now edged it in black paint and added some machine stitching to my tag.
 

My holly leaves are left overs that I found in my “bit box”, I creased these to make them lay a bit better and stuck them with some brown twig die cuts in the bottom corner. I added red beads from a broken Christmas decoration for the berries.
 

I die cut some small snowflakes in cream card from the Xcut Snowflake set, embossed them to add a bit of texture and then coloured them with Distress inks before gluing them onto the tag.
 

I stamped Santa and Rudolph onto some cream card, gently distressed them with Gathered Twigs ink and glued them down.
 

I now lightly spritzed the whole tag with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold spray, when this was dry I added random dots of Glossy Accents and covered the whole tag in Shaved Ice, tapping it well to remove the excess before putting it to one side to dry well.

 
I finished the tag with a tie of red ribbon at the top.

 

I used 


Tim Holtz Stamp Sets – Christmas Time, Reindeer Flight
Perfect Pearls Mist
Glossy Accents
Stampendous Shaved Ice
 
 

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...