Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Love Rocks by Alison Hall


 

 

As promised, here's another project I made with Brusho Crystal Colour.

 

Ingredients 


Brusho Crystal Colour - Ultra Marine, Scarlet, Lemon
Kaisercraft Stamps - Numbers, Film Edges
Stabilo Aquarellable Black Pencil 

 

Instructions

 

1. For the background, I started by sprinkling the different Brusho colours onto my page. Then I spritzed water, let the colours run into each other, and dried with a heat gun. I love how this turned out, the colours are so vibrant! 
 

2. I brushed off the excess crystals, then stamped the Kaisercraft background stamps with black Versafine. As this is a pigment ink, I used the heat gun to set it.
 

3. I randomly applied the Versamark Watermark ink on some of the edges, dipped them in the Frantage Aged Silver embossing enamel, then melted with the heat gun. I also sprinkled a few pinches of embossing enamel directly onto my page. It looks like stars in the Milky Way!
 

4. I stamped the collaged hearts & 'Love rocks' phrase onto watercolour paper, cut them out, & glued them to my page. I used the Aquarellable pencil to outline, then blended with a paper stump. 

 

I'll be back next week with some more inspiration,

 

thanks for visiting,

 

Alison x

10 comments:

  1. Great technique for the background. Your abstract creations are really lovely and reflective, Alison. I love your choice of words for this too, so right for this time of year and thoughts about love, light and darkness.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background, Alison. Gorgeous artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brushos plus Dina W - you can't go wrong! Fab, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to dive into this colour!
    Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely fabulous, Alison - the colours are stunning, and I love the silvery Frantage texture. Great use of the Dina W stamps in b&w too... brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Alison! Love the look of these Brushos too - just love colour!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome Alison! Still trying to get the hang of the Brushos here!!!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...