Friday, 5 December 2014

Christmas In Blueprint by Fliss Goodwin




 

 

Hi there, I have another festive creation to share this week as I finally succumbed to some of the gorgeous blueprint stamps by Sir Tim and I can see they’re going to be a very versatile set for both quick and more creative cards.

 

Ingredients: 


Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection  -

Distress Stains – Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw, Barn Door, Spun Sugar
Embossing Folder of your choice

 

Recipe:

 

·       To make the paper I stamped the blueprint design on, I applied the green and yellow Distress Stains to the craft sheet and swiped an A5 sheet of watercolour paper through to pick up the colours. When the paper was dry (I used a heat gun as I’m impatient!), I stamped the poinsettia blueprint with the Archival ink in one corner as I plan on using the remainder for more creations.
 

·       I made the music paper using the same application method on watercolour paper with the red and pink Distress Stains. After drying it off, I stamped on the music score image with the Barn Door ink all over. I trimmed a piece to fit my chosen square card blank and distressed the edges before sticking it on.
 

·       Stamp the blueprint image twice on watercolour paper and paint the flower section on one image and the leaf section on the other. Cut them out so that you have a whole flower image with leaves and just the flower to decoupage on top.
 

·       Trim the poinsettia panel to a square and distress the edges, adding the flower sections on top for dimension. Cut a slightly larger panel of kraft card and emboss with your chosen folder – I used a music score design. Distress the edges and stick the poinsettia panel on top.
 

·       Assemble the elements as shown adding knotted twine once you have stuck everything in place. Add some pearls to the centre of the flower to finish.
 

 

See you again next week.

 

Fliss x

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful blueprint card, Fliss. Such gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a gorgeous card Fliss! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...