Saturday, 20 December 2014

Birthday Owl by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 
 
 

Morning all! Something completely non-Christmassy for you today, a modern looking birthday card…….
 

What I used

White Stamping Card
Lost Coast Designs Stamps –
Owls

Kaisercraft Stamps -
Birthday

Clarity Stamps Stencil -
Abstract Squares (2)

Distress Inks –
Peacock Feathers, Crushed Olive

Jet Black Archival Ink

Black Card, White Card Blank
  

What I did….

1. First step was to blend some distress ink through the stencil, I used a couple of colours applying in patches and blending until smooth…
 
 
 
 

2. Once the colour was on I trimmed the piece of card down leaving a good sized border. Then inked up the wording and stamped over one of the larger blocks…


 
 
 
 

3. Then I stamped the largest owl of the set onto some white card and cut him out. I added the tiniest amount of colour around the edges just to ‘anchor’ him to the background and then glued him in place.  
 
 
 
 

4. To finish I mounted onto some black card and then onto a white card blank.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend……and……a great Christmas!! See you in a couple of weeks.
 

Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...