Saturday, 22 November 2014

You May Say I’m a Dreamer…… by Donna Ratcliff







Morning all! More play time with some AquaTints today, the pastel set this week. I love the way the pastel colours overlay…….


What I used

Black Card
White Card Blank
Spectrum Noir AquaTints – Pretty Pastels 
Sheena Douglass Stencil – Beach Huts
PaperArtsy Ellen Vargo Stamps – EEV06
Artistic Outpost Stamps – Chalkboard Wisdom

  

What I did….


1. Now I apologise in advance to all of you who like to keep their masks and stencils clean and tidy but to start off with I covered the Beach Hut stencil with black Archival ink and then used it to ‘stamp’ the image onto a piece of white card by laying it on and rubbing all over it firmly with my hand.
 
 
 
 
 

2. Now to add some colour with the AquaTints. Using a flat paintbrush and the Pretty Pastels set I simply added overlaying patches of colour…..

 
 
 
 

3. Once I’d got all the colour on I wanted, I used some of the Ellen Vargo stamps to add some bits of random stamping around the edges using black ink. Then I added some stamped wording.
 
4. To put the card together I matted the finished picture onto some black card before mounting it onto a white card blank.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's fabulousI love the blocked colouring. I haven't got the pastel Aqua tints, they are on my wish list now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous Donna and so striking too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...