Monday, 3 November 2014

Vintage Portrait by Deborah


 

 

Archival Ink: Cobalt 
Memento: Sweet Plum 
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany
ProMarkers: Slate, Blush, Orchid, Pastel Pink, Ice Grey 2, Blossom, Ruby
Sharpie Fine Point Poster Paint Marker: White
From my stash - Arch shaped die (substitute X Cut Oval)

 

For this week's card using the From the Past stamp set I was influenced by Victorian cabinet cards. I chose an arch die but you could use an X-Cut oval or rectangular die, available at That's Crafty! My two main ink colours are Tattered Rose and Antique Linen distress inks. I bought these several years ago, along with Milled Lavender,  when I first started crafting - from WH Smith. They never stocked the bolder colours, which I prefer -  and, to be honest, I've not used these pads much until now. However, I am happy to report that they are still pretty inky, 6 or 7 years on.
 

To begin, I stamped the portrait onto white stamping card in Aged Mahogany distress ink, then stamped on top with Cobalt archival. Because the Dina Wakley stamps are pre-cut pretty closely to the image  it's fairly easy to register the two imprints. I did the same with the lace border stamp. I coloured them in with Promarkers , using the Sharpie to bring out the whites of her eyes and add some pattern to the lace on her dress.
 

I coloured the arch with Blossom Promarker then rubbed the Tattered Rose distress ink directly on top, cut out the woman and lace border and glued them on. The scratches are from the Bitty Grunge set, stamped with Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany. I edged the arch with the Slate Promarker and added a little Ice Grey 2 shadowing around the image.
 

I cut the mat from stamping paper too - and swiped Antique Linen directly onto it. I went for a rough coverage to add texture.  I stamped all over with Journal du Jour (also in Antique Linen) , stamping again along the bottom with Memento Sweet Plum. I used Slate again to edge the mat.


Finally, I rubbed the front of the card blank with Tattered Rose and used the same ink pad to stamp Journal du Jour around the edges. It's very subtle but adds texture. Then I assembled the card.
 
 
Deborah

5 comments:

  1. I love how you've used Dina's stamp here. A fabulous, vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Debs! A truly great portrait.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and sympathetic to the style of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...