Saturday, 8 November 2014

Vintage Christmas by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 

Morning all! Christmas tag time today using one of the lovely Oxford Impressions vintage Christmas stamp sheets.
 

What I used

 

What I did….

1. I started off by cutting tag from some white card, and then I stamped on the Father Christmas in Potting Soil Archival Ink and some holly in some Iced Spruce Distress Ink …….you’ll need to mask off your Father Christmas to add the background holly.
 
 
 

2. Then I added some background colour with Antique Linen and a bit of Gathered Twigs Distress ink. Then started to colour the image with more Distress ink…..
 
 
 

3. Once I had him all coloured I decided I’d like a bit more interest in the background so I added a few stamped snowflakes. Then I edged the whole tag with gold embossing powder, by running a Versamark pad around the edges, dipping in the embossing powder and heating.
4. To finish off I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and edged it with embossing powder to match the tag. Then I topped the tag with a bow of gold ric rac. 
 
 
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning tag Donna, love that Santa!!! Thanks for the inspiration, LOVE this big time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...