Thursday, 20 November 2014

Tweet Chirp Coaster by Carol Fox


 

  
 

 

I have made a coaster this week using the Gelli plate to make my background. 

 

Gave my square 3 thin coats of Gesso, thin coats are better than one thick coat as you don’t get any lines in the gesso and it gives a smoother surface for your paint.
 

I used colours on my Gelli plate, mixing them with a roller directly on the plate. I pressed my square onto the Gelli in the same way as you would a sheet of paper.
 

I laid a stencil onto the Gelli and brayered blue paint over it, I removed my stencil and then pressed the square into the Gelli surface, I repeated this with white paint and the bird stencil.
 

I stamped my image and quote directly onto the tile using black Archival ink.
 

I finished with some stamping in black Archival ink to fill in any gaps, and I edged it with black acrylic paint.

 

I used 


MDF Tile
Stencils

 

Carol x

2 comments:

  1. This coaster is gorgeous! The Gelli plate background is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Carol and love the grungy background you created.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...