Monday, 24 November 2014

Penguins aren't just for Christmas by Deborah



 

 

Promarkers: Blossom, Orchid, Tea Green, Black
Black Fude Ball Pen
Distress Stains: Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac
Waxed Paper (substitute PaperArtsy Crunchy Waxed Kraft Paper)
White Pencil (optional)

 

I stamped the penguins onto stamping paper with Archival ink and coloured them with Promarkers. I drew a line with the Fude Ball pen to ground them, then edged the card with Promarkers.
 

I scribbled  Distress Stains on waxed paper from my stash. The ink beads on the wax surface which gives it a different texture to a craft mat. Then I pressed white card onto it. I stencilled Distress inks through the stardust stencil, using blending foam. Then edged the larger stars with the Fude Ball - and rather wished I hadn't!  - so I went over the black with a white pencil to tone it down a little.
 

After assembling the card, I stamped the chalkboard words onto an off-cut of the background paper and split them into two parts.
 
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. Great tip on using wax paper Deb, this is fabulous! Great words too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gogeous Dabs and the wax paper gives a lovely background effect too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need my eyesight checked - sorry Debs!!!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely sentiment and it is perfect paired with the cute penguins.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...