Thursday, 13 November 2014

My Cat by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 

Well not exactly, but if you put a pair of specs on him it could be as he is rather a handsome fella.
 
It’s a bit back to basics for me this week with my tag as I really fancied a change from what I have been using, so I used my Dylusion Sprays, rub ons and gesso.

 

What I did

 

I applied some rub-ons to my tag and then sprayed it with Dylusions in shades of Melted Chocolate, Sweetened Orange and Pure Sunshine, I spritzed the tag with water to blend them. I dried this with my heat gun.
 

I used paint randomly through a circle stencil and then used a smaller circle stencil of apply some gesso.
 

When this was all dry I used and old bottle cap and some black acrylic paint to add large circles to my tag, I shadowed the black circles with a white Sharpie pen.
 

I stamped my image and cut out my cat and quotes separately as I wanted to lay them on my tag as shown. I inked these with brown Distress ink and then lifted the colour of the cats spectacles with a water brush so they were slightly lighter on the image.
 

I stuck a piece of text from an old book onto the tag for the cat to lay on and then stuck all the pieces down.
 

I machine stitched a line of white stitching round the edges of the tag, finishing by edged the tag with black acrylic paint and a short length of ribbon.

 

I used 


Tag
Distress Ink and Applicator Tool
 
 
Carol

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you do amazing work every day, but this tag caught my eye and I am just in awe. I see the detail, cleverness, talent and humor you have infused into this piece of paper!! I am mesmerized by your cat image, and the "F. E. Linus" sentiment couldn't be more perfect! You are a creative star in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag and background. Love this cat Carol, he looks very regal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...