Thursday, 27 November 2014

Midwinter Canvas by Carol Fox


 
 
 

I have a small frosty canvas for you this week.
 
 

This is what  I did

 

I flipped my canvas over so I used the recess side as a little shadow box. I gave it all a coat of paint, I used Sky Blue Americana Multi Surface Satin. Once this was dry I rubbed some silver paint over the top with my finger to give it a distressed finish.
 

I stamped my winter scene onto some card and cut it out to fit into the recess. I coloured it with Distress inks and stuck it down inside the recess.
 

I used the Alterations Stamp and Die Set for the holly bough and the snowflakes, stamping them in the colours I wanted and adding Stickles once they were stuck in place on the frame.
 

I stamped the greeting onto shrink plastic, trimmed it and then shrunk it using my heat gun and an acrylic stamping block to press it flat once it was shrunk. I stuck this in place as shown.
 

I now add lots of Frantage Shaved Ice using Glossy Accents as the sticky medium to hold them in place.

  

I used 


 
 
Carol

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...