Monday, 10 November 2014

Make a Wish by Deborah



 

 

Crafty Individuals: Alice Palace 2 Penguins
The Octopode Factory: Christmas Words
Tim Holtz: Reindeer Flight (snowflakes)
AHA: Ashley G Girls (star)
White Card 



With the weather turning a lot colder all of a sudden I couldn't resist using these adorable penguins from Alice Palace to make a Winter card for those who don't celebrate Christmas.
 

The penguins were stamped with black Archival ink onto a mono print I'd made previously with my 6 x 6 gelli print and part of the Heart Cluster stencil. The print was patchy with quite a few white areas, probably the third print I pulled. I'm not sure which paints I used but there's a great selection at That's Crafty, from chalky to heavy to fluid.
 

After I  cut the penguins out I decided to make an icy background by tearing pieces of the remaining print and also using copy paper I'd brayered excess blue paint onto.  The flat, solid colour surrounded by lighter, patchy coverage at the edges gives contrast and texture to the background.
 

Once I had worked out a pleasing arrangement of torn paper,  I glued everything down onto white card and stamped the snowflakes around the edge before cropping, edging with black Promarker and mounting on another piece of brayered paper for contrast. I used an off- cut of the background paper to stamp the star and the Christmas Words  onto.
 

Because I stamped in black I felt the edges of the torn paper and the word blocks needed definition so I used the black Fude Ball Pen. I also used the pen to draw a string 'attaching' the star the word 'wish'.
 

To finish I added a little pale yellow watercolour pencil and deep turquoise water soluble pastel (substitute Gelato) to the words and the penguins. Then I attached the artwork to a card blank.



Deborah

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Debs! So cute and they look amazing on your gelli print paper.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved a wonderful, icy feel to this great card. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love so much this stamp, and your scene is fabulous!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! That image always makes me think of a John Lewis Christmas ad!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...