Monday, 17 November 2014

Magic Kingdom by Deborah


 

 

Promarkers: Tea Green, Pastel Pink, Blush

 
 

I fell in love with the quirky Ville d'ailleurs stamp sets as soon as I saw them. However when I received 'Zintenkia' I was momentarily flummoxed. So I decided just to stamp one of the building clusters and see where it took me.
 

First I made a point of not reaching for the black inkpad and grabbed red instead. I masked the buildings and added the texture stamp from 'Herbes folles' to ground them. The zetti style sun was stamped part off the card.
 

Then I decided to dig out an old metallic gel pen - it's a rich Renaissance gold, so the bronze Sharpie would be a good substitute - and began colouring, This didn't look enough on its own and, after much pondering, I chose to add pale blue and peachy pinks. The background looked too stark so I dusted on Salmon and Aqua Adirondack inks.
 

Having made a topper, I now needed to build a card around it. After considering various possibilities, I felt that any extra colour and pattern would crowd the main image, which is very detailed and quite delicate in colour. So I opted for a plain white card blank to show it off. I left space at the bottom for a sentiment.
 
 
 
Deborah

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quirky card Debs and love the stamping in red.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is magical and all the more dreamy for not inking up with a black ink pad. When can I move into this village?!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool image - will have to investigate Carabelle - and I agree the red stamping really makes it feel original.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...